Friday 11 July 2014

R.I.P sewing machine

This post was originally supposed to be me boasting about my amazing sewing skills making Tilly and the buttons' pyjama trousers from her book, "Love at First Stitch". BUT my sewing machine broke half way through making them so now I have 2 unattached pyjama legs which will have to be hand stitched (not happening) or will have to wait until I can borrow my mum's spare machine. Quel dommage.

Instead, let's look at the amazing things I have made with my pretty, but not so durable, machine. Farewell old friend.....

My most favourite skirt. It also matches my friends' curtains and I made a matching cushion. Good old Cath Kidston Ikea fabric. Super cheap and super lovely. 

Flower print and pockets! Magnifique

Matching cushion

I loved the skirt so much I made in two more fabrics, polka dot and Brighton Pavilion. Both bought from the Aladdin's cave of fabrics, Hanson's in Sturminster Newton.  


The most difficult garment I have made to date was this dress. It is a beautiful ditsy print and really fun to wear but it wasn't half fiddly. My mum has made a few more in the same style but I need to gather a bit more confidence before I tackle it again. 
It did alright my little machine but now I need a more sturdy model for future projects. I don't suppose anyone want to sell me a cheapish sewing machine??

No comments:

Post a Comment