Thursday 23 October 2014

Power down

Yesterday at work there was a power cut which meant, once our laptops had run out of charge, we couldn't do much work. I decided to take the afternoon off. It's quite strange having an unplanned afternoon off on a weekday. My husband and my friends were in work so it was just me on my own with some free hours to kill. To begin with I did some boring things I've been meaning to do for a while (had my fringe trimmed, booked a dentist appointment) then I though I should actively do something otherwise I might waste my newly acquired free time playing Bejeweled Blitz and watching How I Met Your Mother repeats (not funny but always on TV).


After watching Sunday's Downton Abbey I remembered that I had started making the Margot pyjama bottoms from Tilly and the Buttons' pattern book. My beloved sewing machine broke before I was able to finish these but I now have my mother in law's much better sewing machine, which is actually made for grown ups. I think I might just keep it a bit longer.



I have sewed many a garment before but always with the knowledge that my infinitely talented mum could help me out if (haha IF) I made a mistake. Not so this time. I was on my own. Tilly's book is so helpful and clear to follow though which really helped. I will confess to making a few slip ups along the way (that piece of lace is not a sexy garter but covering up where I accidentally cut the leg in two) but I am very happy with the outcome. The pyjamas even survived a night of sleeping in them and were extremely comfortable. I hope they also fare ok in the washing machine.
The finished product!


1 comment:

  1. i am impressed! and i like the lace! i cover all my mistakes in felt shapes....

    ReplyDelete